Monday, October 03, 2005

There was a partial solar eclipse today over many parts of Europe and some experienced total. Thanks for telling me google.news, I guess I will have to actually read the local papers. I would have loved to sit outside with some of those light blocking glasses and just watched it happen. Luckily people in my new office settlement gave me the heads up. Pictures will follow in a day.

Bus strike tomorrow. General workers strike for more pay and more benefits. It will begin with the buses, might spread to the subways and trains, maybe then to the boats. Most probably just a bus strike? It is ironic as I want to go into work to write a grant to try and get more time on the job?

It is a bit humiliating as I have to call the boss in the morning to catch a ride to work because the buses are on strike. But I only need to go to work to write a grant to ask for more money from the French government. Maybe I should go on stike?

Maybe I will strike?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home